If you’re looking for a delicious, easy-to-make apple pie recipe, look no further! Our homemade apple pie filling is made with sweet and tangy apples, warm cinnamon, a hint of sugar, and a squeeze of lemon. This pie is the perfect dessert for any fall day, holiday feast or special occasion.
Apple Pie Filling Recipe
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced apples, sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Toss gently to coat the apples.
- Heat a large skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the apple mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until the apples are tender and caramelized, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. The apple pie filling will keep for several days.
Now that you have your homemade apple pie filling, it’s time to create the perfect apple pie. Follow the recipe below for a mouth-watering treat that’s sure to impress your friends and family.
Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 premade 9-inch pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
For the Filling:
- 1 recipe of Homemade Apple Pie Filling
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the premade pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan. Crimp the edges of the crust using a fork or your fingers.
- Add the homemade apple pie filling to the crust, spreading it out evenly. Dot the top of the filling with the pieces of butter.
- Cover the filling with the remaining pie crust. Cut a few slits on top of the crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush the top of the crust with the beaten egg and sprinkle the granulated sugar on top.
- Bake the pie for 10 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees F and continue baking for an additional 40-45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
There you have it! A delicious homemade apple pie recipe that’s easy to make and sure to please. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat.