This recipe for caramel apple dump cake is a true winner. It’s simple to prepare, tastes amazing, and is the perfect dessert for any occasion.
Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Pour the apple pie filling into the baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the apple pie filling.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and pour it over the top of the dry cake mix.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top of the butter.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top of the cake.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let the cake cool for a few minutes before serving.
This caramel apple dump cake is best when served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The combination of the tender cake with the sweet apple filling and crunchy pecans is simply irresistible.
If you’re looking for a delicious way to use up your extra apples, you should definitely try making freezer apple pie filling. This recipe is perfect for those who love to have a sweet treat on hand at all times.
Freezer Apple Pie Filling Recipe
- 10 cups peeled and sliced apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced apples and lemon juice, and toss to coat.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt, and cornstarch.
- Add the dry mixture to the apples and stir well.
- Pour in the water and mix everything together.
- Spoon the mixture into quart-sized freezer bags and freeze until ready to use.
This freezer apple pie filling can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months, making it perfect for those times when you need to whip up a dessert quickly. Simply thaw the mixture, add it to a pie shell, and bake for a delicious homemade apple pie.
These two apple dessert recipes are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Give them a try today and let us know what you think!