Looking for a delicious and easy-to-prepare Filipino dish to try? Why not make Chicken Adobo, one of the most beloved dishes from the Philippines? This delectable dish is a combination of salty, tangy, and savory flavors that will surely satisfy your taste buds. Here’s how you can make the best authentic Chicken Adobo.
• 2 lbs Chicken Thighs
• 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
• 1/2 cup Vinegar
• 1 head Garlic
• 1 cup Water
• 2 Bay Leaves
• 1 tsp Whole Peppercorns
• 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
• Salt to taste
1. Heat your pot or pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add cooking oil then sauté garlic until it turns golden brown.
3. Add chicken thighs and let it cook for 5 minutes on each side or until it becomes light brown.
4. Pour soy sauce and vinegar into the pot, and add water, bay leaves, whole peppercorns, and a pinch of salt to taste.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil then continue cooking over medium heat. Cover the pot and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
6. Remove the chicken from the pot then set aside.
7. Turn the heat up to high and let the sauce boil to reduce it to a thicker consistency. Once the sauce is thick enough, turn the heat off.
8. Return the cooked chicken to the pot and mix with the sauce until well coated.
9. Serve with hot steamed rice and enjoy!
Chicken Adobo is the perfect dish for a cozy dinner at home, a potluck party, or any other occasion. It’s not just delicious, but also easy to prepare with simple ingredients that you might already have in your pantry. So what are you waiting for? Head to the nearest grocery store, buy the ingredients, and try making this amazing dish today!