When it comes to breakfast, one dish that is loved by every Indian household is uttapam. It is a savory pancake that is made with a batter of rice and lentils, and served with chutney and sambar. But have you ever heard of oats uttapam? It is a healthy twist to the traditional recipe, and can be made instantly. So, let’s learn how to make oats uttapam.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup semolina (suji)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (dahi)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- Oil for cooking
- In a mixing bowl, add rolled oats, semolina, yogurt, and water. Mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Add finely chopped onion, tomato, green chillies, ginger paste, salt, and red chilli powder. Mix well to a batter consistency.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Grease it with oil.
- Pour a ladle full of batter on the pan and spread it with the back of the ladle to form a circle.
- Cook it on low heat until the top appears to be set and the bottom is golden brown. Flip it over and cook for a minute on the other side till brown.
- Repeat the same with the remaining batter to make more uttapams. Serve hot with coconut chutney.
This recipe is perfect for breakfast or brunch, as it is loaded with the goodness of oats and vegetables. You can also add other toppings of your choice, like grated carrot or capsicum. It is a simple yet flavorful dish that will surely impress your family and friends.
- To make it more nutritious, you can add grated paneer or tofu to the batter.
- You can also add some chopped spinach or coriander to the batter to make it more colorful and healthy.
- If you don’t have semolina, you can replace it with wheat flour or gram flour (besan).
So, next time you want to try something new for breakfast, make oats uttapam. It is a healthy and delicious option that will keep you full for a longer time. You can also make it for your kids’ tiffin box or pack it for a picnic. It is a versatile dish that can be customized according to your taste buds. Happy cooking!
- Make sure the batter is not too thick or too thin.
- You can adjust the spice level according to your preference.
- Use a non-stick pan for best results.
Oats Uttapam Recipe (How To Make Oats Uttapam), Instant Uttapam Recipe
uttapam recipe oats
Oats Uttapam Recipe By Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji – NDTV Food
uttapam oats food recipe breakfast india dosa indian recipes south uthappam eat
Oats Uttapam Recipe | How To Make Instant Oats Uttapam | जौ उत्तपम
oats uttapam recipe उत instant
Vegetable Ragi & Oats Uttapam Recipe By Archana's Kitchen
uttapam oats vegetable recipe ragi archanaskitchen
Oats Uttapam Recipe| How To Make Instant Oats Uttapam | Recipe – Yum Curry