Oatmeal has become a breakfast staple for many Americans, but did you know that there is an even better way to make it? Soaked oatmeal is the original instant oatmeal that not only tastes great, but also has numerous health benefits.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Try out these delicious peanut butter oatmeal cookies that are soft, chewy and filled with flavor!
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Form mixture into small balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
If you prefer the classic oatmeal flavor, try out this recipe!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- The night before, combine the oats, milk, and apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Cover and let sit overnight in the fridge.
- The next morning, add water to the oat mixture and bring to a simmer in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add salt, cinnamon, and maple syrup (if using), stirring occasionally.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the oatmeal reaches your desired consistency.
- Top with your favorite toppings, such as berries, nuts, or a drizzle of honey. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Oatmeal
Oatmeal is not only delicious, but also has numerous health benefits:
- Oats are a great source of soluble fiber, which has been shown to lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Oats also contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that have been linked to reducing the risk of certain types of cancer and other chronic diseases.
- Oatmeal is also a great source of vitamins and minerals, such as magnesium, phosphorus, and vitamin B1.
So the next time you reach for a bowl of instant oatmeal, try out these recipes for a healthier and more flavorful start to your day!
Simple Baked Oatmeal Recipe | Easy And Healthy
oatmeal baked recipe simple easy healthy recipes breakfast fast delicious oats fannetasticfood quick breakfasts weekday gluten tips knew georgia trip
Soaked Oatmeal: The Original Instant Oatmeal – Live Simply
oatmeal soaked instant original oats recipe warm wallpapers homemade making bowl livesimply
How To Make Oatmeal – The BEST Easy Recipe With 6 Variations | Instant
oatmeal recipes recipe healthy breakfast easy oats bowl rolled perfect good instructions winter fashioned old quick visit
These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Are Soft, Chewy And Filled With
oat justsotasty erdnussbutter kekse haferflocken healthylifestyle joojotekno
File:Oatmeal (1).jpg – Wikimedia Commons
oats porridge blueberries cereals