Looking for a quick and easy meal that’s packed with flavor? Look no further than this delicious Chicken Adobo recipe!
To start off, you’ll need to gather a few basic ingredients. You’ll need about 2 pounds of bone-in chicken thighs, 1/2 cup of soy sauce, 1/2 cup of white vinegar, 3 cloves of garlic (minced), 1 bay leaf, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Other than these items, you’ll just need some oil for frying and a bit of water.
Once you’ve got everything together, it’s time to get cooking. Start by heating up a bit of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add in your chicken thighs and brown them on all sides.
Once your chicken is browned, remove it from the skillet and set it aside. In the same skillet, add your minced garlic and sauté it for a minute or so until it becomes fragrant. Then, add in your soy sauce, white vinegar, bay leaf, black pepper, and a bit of water. Stir everything together and let it come to a simmer.
Once your sauce is simmering, add your chicken back to the skillet and let it cook for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
Now that your chicken is done, it’s time to assemble your dish. To start, grab a plate or bowl and make a bed of rice on the bottom. Then, top the rice with your delicious and tender chicken adobo.
To make your dish look even more impressive, consider garnishing it with a bit of chopped cilantro or green onion. Not only will this add a pop of color, but it will also bring a bit of extra flavor to the dish.
With its bold and savory flavor, this Chicken Adobo recipe is sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike. So why not give it a try and see what everyone thinks? We guarantee it will become a regular in your meal rotation!
– 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs
– 1/2 cup soy sauce
– 1/2 cup white vinegar
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 bay leaf
– 1/2 tsp black pepper
– oil for frying
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken thighs and brown on all sides.
3. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
5. Add soy sauce, white vinegar, bay leaf, black pepper, and a bit of water.
6. Stir everything together and let it come to a simmer.
7. Add chicken back to the skillet and cook for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
8. Serve over a bed of rice and garnish with chopped cilantro or green onion, if desired.