Apple pie has always been a delicious and classic dessert that many Americans enjoy. It’s a perfect way to use fresh apples and make a tasty dessert that all your family and friends will love. Today, I want to share with you two different apple pie recipes that are sure to impress even the most discerning palate.
Homemade Apple Pie with Easy Oil Crust
This apple pie is made with an easy oil crust that’s flaky, delicious and easy to make. It’s a great recipe for those who don’t have the time or expertise to make a traditional pie crust. Check out the ingredients and instructions below:
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 6 cups of sliced and peeled apples
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add in the vegetable oil and milk, and mix until the dough starts to come together.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out one of the halves to fit the bottom of your pie dish. Trim the edges and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the apples, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie dish.
- Roll out the other half of the dough and place on top of the apple mixture. Cut slits in the top to allow for steam to escape.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
Organic Vanilla Bean Apple Pie Recipe
This organic vanilla bean apple pie recipe is a delicious take on the classic apple pie. By adding vanilla beans, this recipe takes the flavor to a whole new level. Check out the ingredients and instructions below:
- 1 pie crust
- 8 cups of sliced apples
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Split the vanilla bean in half and scrape out the seeds. Stir the seeds into the apple mixture.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie crust.
- Distribute the butter pieces on top of the filling.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
These two apple pie recipes are easy to make and are sure to impress your family and friends. The flaky crust and delicious filling make these pies perfect for any occasion. Enjoy!