Hey there y’all!
Have y’all tried Popeyes’ Cinnamon Apple Pie?
Let me tell you, it’s the bomb.com. I got a little inside information from fast food employees and they said this is the item to try.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Roll your pie crust out and cut it into circles (use a bowl or large cookie cutter if needed).
- Mix together your chopped apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and melted butter.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture on one side of each circle of pie crust.
- Fold the other side of the pie crust over the filling and press the edges together with a fork to seal the pie.
- Cut a small slit or two in the top crust of the pie.
- Sprinkle each pie with a little bit of sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Let the pies cool for a few minutes before serving.
If you’re feeling fancy:
Top the warm pies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce, and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. Your tastebuds will thank you.
So go on and give this recipe a try. Trust me, you won’t regret it!