If you’re in the mood for a delicious apple pie that’s as easy to make as it is delicious, you’re in luck. We’ve scoured the internet for the best apple pie recipes, and we’ve rounded up two that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Deep-Dish Apple Pie
- 1 recipe All-Butter Pastry Crust
- 3 pounds of apples (about 8 medium), peeled, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out pastry to a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan. Trim edge, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang. Fold under overhang and crimp edge.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and lemon juice. Pour mixture into crust and dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to an 11-inch circle. Cut into 1/2-inch wide strips (a pastry wheel makes this easy). Lay strips over filling in a lattice pattern. Press edges of strips into crust overhang. Brush lattice with beaten egg mixture and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake until filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Super Easy, Slow Cooker, Low-Carb Apple Pie CBD Recipe
- 4 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar-free water enhancer (we recommend apple flavor)
- 1/4 cup Swerve
- 1/2 cup Walden Farms Apple Butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 droppers CBD oil (optional)
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Place apple slices, water enhancer, Swerve, apple butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours, until apples are soft and tender.
- Mash the apples with a fork or potato masher, adding CBD oil if desired.
- Let cool before serving. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Whether you go for the classic deep-dish apple pie or try the CBD-infused low-carb version, we’re sure you’ll be delighted with the results. Enjoy!