Are you looking for a delicious and easy dessert to impress your friends and family with? Look no further than this homemade apple pie recipe! With a buttery crust and sweet apple filling, this classic dessert is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
8 cups thinly sliced apples
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon coarse sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Place one pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish.
3. In a large bowl, combine sliced apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
4. Pour apple mixture into the crust-lined pie dish. Dot with butter.
5. Cover the apple mixture with the second pie crust. Seal edges and cut a few slits in the top crust to vent.
6. In a small bowl, beat together egg and water. Brush over top of the pie crust. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
7. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
8. Cool pie on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
This homemade apple pie is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a holiday gathering or a cozy night in. Enjoy it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate treat. Share this recipe with your friends and family, and they’ll be sure to thank you for it!