I’m so excited to share with you my favorite dutch oven roasted chicken recipe. It’s so easy to make and the end result is always juicy and bursting with flavor. Plus, it’s Whole30 compliant, so it’s perfect for anyone who is looking to eat clean.
Simple Dutch Oven Roasted Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove the giblets from inside the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil and then rub the seasoning mix all over the chicken, inside and out.
- Stuff the lemon slices and garlic cloves inside the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a dutch oven, cover with a lid, and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes to get a crispy skin.
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
If you’re looking for even more inspiration for how to cook a whole chicken, check out these 23 different and impressive ways to prepare this versatile and delicious ingredient. From classic roasted chicken to exotic flavors like tandoori and adobo, these recipes are sure to satisfy your craving for something hearty and delicious.
23 Different and Impressive Ways To Cook Whole Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken
- Various ingredients depending on recipe
- Choose one of the 23 recipes linked above and gather the necessary ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified in your chosen recipe.
- Follow the recipe instructions to prepare the chicken, seasoning it as desired and stuffing it with any necessary ingredients.
- Bake the chicken for the amount of time specified in your chosen recipe, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before carving and serving.
Regardless of which recipe you choose, cooking a whole chicken in a dutch oven is a great way to infuse the meat with flavor and keep it tender and moist throughout the cooking process. So why not give one of these recipes a try tonight and enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal?