Chicken Adobo Recipe
Are you on the hunt for a tasty and easy-to-make meal? Look no further than this Chicken Adobo recipe! With just a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking skills, you can whip up a delicious and satisfying meal in no time.
First, let’s start by gathering our ingredients. For this recipe, you will need:
– 1.5 lbs bone-in chicken thighs (skin-on or off)
– 1/2 cup soy sauce
– 1/2 cup vinegar
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 head of garlic, minced
– 2 bay leaves
– 1/2 tsp black pepper
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 cup water
Now that we have all of our ingredients, it’s time to get cooking! Here’s how:
1. In a large pot, mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, bay leaves, black pepper, and salt.
2. Add the chicken to the pot, making sure it is fully submerged in the marinade.
3. Cover the pot and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
4. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
5. Remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside.
6. Increase the heat to high and bring the remaining mixture to a boil.
7. Let the mixture boil for 10-15 minutes, or until it has reduced to a thickened sauce.
8. Add the water to the pot and stir to combine.
9. Return the chicken to the pot and coat it in the sauce.
10. Let simmer for another 5-10 minutes to allow the chicken to soak up the flavors of the sauce.
And there you have it, Chicken Adobo! This dish is perfect served over rice, and pairs well with some fresh vegetables or a side salad.
But, don’t just take our word for it, give this recipe a try for yourself and taste the deliciousness. Happy cooking!
Images of Chicken Adobo Recipe