If you want to transport your taste buds to the sunny and colorful Philippines, you definitely need to try this amazing Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe made in the Instant Pot. This mouth-watering dish is the perfect combination of chicken, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and other spices that make it so unique and delicious.
To get started, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 pounds chicken thighs or legs
– ⅓ cup distilled white vinegar
– ⅓ cup soy sauce
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 1 tablespoon brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
– 2 bay leaves
To cook this tasty recipe, follow these easy steps:
1. PRESSURE COOK THE CHICKEN. First, turn on your Instant Pot and push the “Sauté” button. Add the olive oil and minced garlic and cook for one minute until fragrant. Then, add the chicken and brown it on both sides for about 4-5 minutes per side.
2. ADD THE REMAINING INGREDIENTS. Once the chicken is browned, add the white vinegar, soy sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar, peppercorns, and bay leaves to the pot. Stir everything together and make sure the chicken is coated with the sauce.
3. COOK UNDER PRESSURE. Next, secure the lid of the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to “Sealing”. Press the “Manual” button and set the timer for 15 minutes. When the time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before using the quick release valve to release the remaining pressure.
4. SERVE AND ENJOY! Finally, remove the chicken from the pot and let it rest for a few minutes before cutting it into smaller pieces. Serve with rice and a side of your favorite vegetables. Don’t forget to pour some of the sauce on top of the chicken for extra flavor.
Now that you know how to cook this amazing Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe, it’s time to enjoy it with your loved ones. Gather around the table and savor every single bite of this flavorful and authentic dish. You won’t regret it!