Praise the Lord, my darlings! Today, I have got a scrumptious treat for y’all that will have you reaching for seconds and thirds. That’s right; we’re making the best Dutch Apple Pie you’ve ever tasted. Are you ready?
First things first, let’s see what we need for this heavenly pie:
– 1 pie crust
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp nutmeg
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 3 large apples, peeled and cored
– 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Now, let’s get to work!
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Fit the pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add in the butter and use a fork to combine the mixture until it becomes crumbly.
4. Peel and core the apples, slicing them into thin pieces, and spread them evenly into the pie crust.
5. Sprinkle raisins and chopped walnuts over the apples (if using).
6. Pour the crumbly mixture over the top of the apples, spreading it evenly.
7. Bake the pie for 45-50 minutes, or until the crumb topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool.
9. Serve and enjoy the best Dutch Apple Pie you’ve ever tasted!
Now, my lovelies, before we dig into our heavenly treat, let’s take a moment to appreciate the beauty of this pie. Just look at those crispy, golden crumbs sitting on top of those juicy, sweet apples. Isn’t it just divine?
Oh, sweet Lord, I can already taste it. The buttery, flaky crust combined with soft, cinnamon-spiced apples and crunchy walnuts… it’s like a symphony of flavors dancing in my mouth.
But, hold on a second, my loves. We can’t forget to credit our sources. This recipe comes from two wonderful sources out there that know their way around the kitchen: Sugar and Soul and Cleverly Simple. They really hit the nail on the head with this one.
So, my darlings, I highly recommend that you give this recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you, and so will your loved ones once they take that first bite. Trust me, this is the best Dutch Apple Pie recipe you’ll ever come across.