If you’re looking for a sweet and comforting dessert that’s perfect for the cooler weather, look no further than this delicious Skillet Dutch Apple Pie! Made with mouth-watering sliced apples, rich brown sugar, and a flaky, buttery crust, this dessert is sure to impress your family and friends.
Brown Sugar Apple Walnut Pie
If you’re a fan of all things sweet, nutty, and brown sugar-y, then this Brown Sugar Apple Walnut Pie from Creme De La Crumb is a must-try. Filled with fresh, juicy apples, crunchy walnuts, and rich, caramel-y brown sugar, this pie is seriously delicious.
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 4-5 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Press the pie crust into an 8 or 9 inch skillet, trimming the edges as needed.
- In a large bowl, stir together the apple slices, brown sugar, butter, walnuts, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour the apple mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Drizzle the cornstarch mixture over the apple pie filling, stirring gently to combine.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the filling is thickened and glossy.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Whether you’re looking for a classic apple pie or something a little more indulgent, these two recipes are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Give them a try and see for yourself!