There’s nothing quite like the cozy comfort of a homemade apple pie. And, when it comes to apple pies, Dutch apple pie with crumb topping is undoubtedly the king of them all. Today, I’m going to share with you the recipe for the most delicious homemade Dutch Apple Pie with crumb topping that you’ll ever taste!
The Perfect Crumb Topping
Let’s start with the most critical aspect of the pie- the crumb topping. You want to make sure that the crumb topping is buttery, crisp, and perfectly sweet. This recipe uses a combination of oats, flour, butter, and spices to create the perfect topping for the pie.
But, we don’t have to compromise our health to enjoy a delicious piece of pie. This recipe uses healthy ingredients, and it’s entirely vegan too! So, you don’t have to worry about consuming any unnecessary cholesterol or saturated fats.
- 1 pie crust
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the sliced apples, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie crust.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt for the topping.
- Add the softened vegan butter to the topping mixture and work it in with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping on top of the apples in the pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Let the pie cool before serving.
And there you have it- the perfect recipe for the most delicious, healthy Dutch apple pie with crumb topping. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you’ll have yourself a dessert that will knock your loved ones’ socks off!